Friday, December 14, 2012

Adorable Little Girl Apron

Here's a pattern for an adorable girls apron. Create a matching one for her 18" doll too! The apron pictured on the left was made for a Christmas gift and turned out beautifully. I added a string of "pearls" to each apron for fun. You can purchase strands of inexpensive beads like these at any craft store. They can be cut and sewn onto your fabric just as I have done. Get creative with other embellishments, there are so many possibilities! I've included pictures to help you along the way. The PDF pattern and instructions are located at the bottom of this post. Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have, I'd love to help! 



For the tutorial below, I was using scrap material, so I cut mine from two fabrics. You could use the same fabric, or change it up like I did.



When I sew I like to have a lining, so I cut two.  I sewed right sides together, but don't forget to add your ties and neck strap before you sew them together.


I pinned the ties and straps in place in the center of the apron, so when I was sewing they wouldn't inadvertently get caught in the seam.


I also pinned and the neck strap the same way.


Next pin the right sides together leaving a section between the neckties open, so you can turn it right side out.


If you would like a ruffle, take a 4 in piece of fabric and turn the edge under. Gather the top and pin it in side just like the ties.


Sew


Turn it right sides out.


This is what that will look like. Press. 


Then sew a top stitch over the part that you left open to turn your apron.



If you don't want to have a lining, a faster way with less fabric. Turn the edge under and then add your straps and ties.



*****************************************************************
DOWNLOAD THE PATTERN NOW FOR FREE: GIRLS APRON PATTERN


Instructions:
   Cut two apron ties 22 inches by 2 inches
   Cut one necktie 18 inches by 2 inches
Optional Ruffle:
   Moderately full - 41 inches by 5 inches
   Full - 55 inches by 5 inches
   Tape the four pattern pieces together and cut
   One or two for a reversible apron


Have fun! ~Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment