Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Lace Crown Tutorial

The Girl Inspired
I originally stumbled upon these adorable lace crowns on Pinterest. I followed to the link to thegirlinspired.com and found her tutorial to be very helpful! The only thing is, I like to use what I have on hand. I had lace, spray paint and glitter, but not the fabric stiffener she used. I did however, have an old bottle of Mod Podge. I am also not very patient when it comes to craft projects, and I didn't like that   the lace took overnight to dry between steps. I improvised! Here's what I did:


What you need

  • Wide strips of lace cut to size (I did some to fit my daughter's head and some to fit her dolls)
  • Mod Podge or Elmer's Glue
  • Foam brush
  • Spray paint in desired colors
  • Spray glitter or regular glitter
  • Glue gun
I laid out each piece of lace and covered both sides in a healthy dose of the Mod Podge. I then transferred them directly to a cookie sheet to dry, being careful to lay them out smooth and flat.



The thing I didn't like about the original tutorial was having to wait for them to dry overnight. Since I had just had the oven on anyway, I thought I'd give that a shot! I kept the oven at about 200 degrees and let them harden in there for a couple hours. It worked great! They were stiff, yet bendable in no time. Just watch out, the fumes can be pretty stinky!


As you can see, I used a couple different kinds of lace. The ruffled stuff did not turn out as well. Hot glue the ends together and spray paint or spray with glitter.



Beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. I love this...I will be making these for AnnaBelle for her second birthday. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete