Sunday, September 30, 2012

Burlap and Lace

I love Fall Decorating...
Continue reading for a tutorial!









Step 1: Iron your burlap


Step 2: Cut to size and unravel the edge until it is as clean as you can get it 


Step 3: Sew along the edge to stop it from unraveling further


Step 4: Position lace where you want it 


Step 5: Use a very thin line of glue along the edge, quickly and firmly press the lace onto the glue. I chose to use a high heat glue gun for this runner as the lace was so delicate, I didn't want the look of a seem from the sewing machine. The glue worked nicely and I had no problems with it going through to the table underneath because I used such a thin layer. In the future I may sew the lace on, it depends on the type of lace I'm using.


On the to-do list: These twine flowers!
So cute, I may use these on my next runner.

Tutorial

No comments:

Post a Comment