Friday, September 28, 2012

A Star Wars Themed Halloween

I've already mentioned in previous posts that this is the year of the Star Wars theme for Halloween. My 4 and 5 year olds are pretty infatuated with Star Wars for the moment. Resolved to plan ahead rather than wait till the last moment and scrounge for costumes, I have been piecing together items to create the perfect Luke and Leia! I spent $6 on Amazon for an angel costume for Leia, 50 cents on a silver belt, and everything else was stuff I had on hand.

Check out the individual posts I did on ideas for Luke and the one I did for Leia.



Perfect Princess Leia Hair: Sock buns to the rescue! Here's how...









Luke's boots: strips of felt


Old karate top, tan pants, belt, lightsaber, brown shoes and
brown felt wrapped around the legs to create boots.

Angel costume minus the halo and wings, silver belt, silver shoes,
and sock buns (the only accessory you really need!)

The cutest little Ewok ever! An old monkey costume was the perfect start.
All I added was a piece of felt, cut to reveal the ears and face.

No comments:

Post a Comment