Wednesday, May 16, 2012

No-Sew Patch Job for Boys Pants


This is another Pinterest inspired idea originally found here: Cute Fix for a Hole in the Knee. I couldn't find a tutorial, however, so I thought I'd create one! I had shown my son a picture of this idea and he begged and begged me to "turn his jeans into monsters." When I finally got around to doing it, I was in a hurry and thought I'd go the no-sew route to show how easy it is!



What you need: 
  • A hot glue gun set on high heat
  • Scraps of felt in the desired colors
  • Scissors


Step #1: Cut around the ripped area to create a clean, circular hole - it doesn't have to be perfect!


Step #2: Cut out a piece of felt that is a little bigger than the actual hole and position it inside the jeans. Cut out triangles for teeth and circles for eyes.

Step #3: Using the glue gun on high heat (I'm pretty sure the high heat will hold up longer), glue along the inside rim of the hole to glue the large piece of felt in place. Position teeth as you go so they can come out from behind the jean as well. Glue the eyes in place.


That's it! You're done! Could that have been any easier?? ~Sarah

**UPDATE: 3 months and numerous washings later and this patch job is still holding strong! I'm even a little amazed myself at how well it has held up. It looks just as good as the first day, I am going to contribute that to using the high heat setting on the glue gun.

1 comment:

  1. sooooo cute!! thanks for the idea :)
    - jess

    ReplyDelete