Friday, April 6, 2012

Neon Duct Tape!!

Question: How many uses can I find for neon duct tape?

Option #1: Shoes (oh, you can definitely expect more to come)
I've been seeing so many pictures of spray painted shoes, and have tried a few of my own. However, I have been kind of struggling with the fact that once they are painted, it's pretty much a permanent change. I thought it would be fun to have a removable option. The duct tape seemed like a logical solution because it comes in so many fun colors. However, it is somewhat tricky to make it lay flat and uniform, so it's not obvious that it is duct tape! Test the shoes before hand, some finishes may allow the tape to be removed. However, the finish actually started peeling off of this neutral pair when I tried removing the tape - guess I'll be keeping them as they are from now on! No loss, they weren't in great shape and I hardly ever wore them, until now - because they turned out super cute!



Starting out with a pile of shoes, some duct tape and a pair of scissors! 
Let's see how this goes...
 This pair of baby shoes turned out ok, but it was tricky getting the tape to lay flat over the curve of the front toe. I found that this could be drastically improved by stretching the duct tape.
 This next pair of shoes is my favorite and I'm pretty excited how they turned out.
 Once I smoothed out the tape, i used some scissors, like a knife, to very carefully cut a smooth line along the base of the shoes - 
being careful not to cut through to the shoe its self!

 This last pair didn't look so great, 
so I peeled the tape off very carefully and left them as-is.


No comments:

Post a Comment