Monday, April 9, 2012

A Spring Baby Shower!









Spring is a very convenient time to have a baby shower - specifically, Easter time! There is such an nice selection of cute, pastel colored candy at your disposal! I had been inspired by pictures of arrangements, utilizing said candy, like the one found here: peeps flower arrangement


I really wanted to come up with a few very usable decorations that also doubled as practical gifts, rather than a bunch of throw-away things. This arrangement took two vases from the dollar store, one that fit inside of the other. I filled the area surrounding the smaller vase with m&m's. I used crafting wire to string the peeps together and secured them around the base of the flowers. So simple! (Bonus: the m&m's are *technically* still eatable since they're not touching anything!)


I had been waiting for an opportunity to make the dollar store tiered trays seen here: tiered trays
(side note: using a glue gun did NOT work. There is a reason she uses the glue that she does in this tutorial!)
I also LOVED the idea of turning items from a gift registry into decorations like these cupcakes found here: onesie cupcakes FYI I had to use extra large coffee filters as opposed to the standard size when making these out of blankets. I also used baby head bands to hold them together instead of plain ribbon.







No comments:

Post a Comment