Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Change is Good

I LOVE Change! Did you hear me? Seriously, I love it! Changing my hairstyle, a new color of paint on the wall, fresh sheets on a bed, rearranging  the furniture, swapping out something old for something new (or something new for something old). I realized today for the first time, that my favorite season is... the changing of the season! I love living in Michigan where we experience four very unique and wonderful seasons of change. Just when you're getting tired of one thing, wallah: something new! The changing of seasons got me thinking, how at a very young age I learned to embrace change as an exciting opportunity for a fresh start. I've moved enough in my life to thank the Lord for blessing me with this kind of an outlook.  

Now, I know not everyone is as excited about change as I am. Many people appreciate things that are familiar, comfortable and safe. Don't get me wrong, I'm also a HUGE fan of commitment to the important things: one spouse, one church family, kids, responsibilities, etc. I'm all about peace in the home, routines and structure. But there is no talking me out of the fact that change can be very refreshing. 


The kind of change I am most psyched about? Growth! I love seeing growth in a persons life that is so evident, you have to notice! I love seeing the process of change that takes place, from the old to the new, when someone begins living their life for Christ. Just as exciting, is seeing a person that has been saved for years, continue to grow and mature. I want growth in my life to be evident. I don't want to get stuck or complacent. Change is good.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Ephesians 4:22-24 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Colossians 2:6-7 6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment