Friday, July 13, 2012

Children's Bathroom Chores Age 3

We can all agree that it is a good thing to involve your kids in household chores at an early age. My first motivation comes from wanting my children to have a good work ethic and eagerness to help. My second motivation comes when I am trying to accomplish tasks and it seems like if I get farther behind because more mess is made during the time I am cleaning. When my kids are helping, they are engaged and enjoying "helping" Mommy.





The problem comes in practical application. What can I get my kids involved in at each age? 



On Tuesdays I have my three- year-old help me when I clean the bathrooms. He restocks my toilet paper. 



First, he gets the toilet paper from the closet. Then he goes to each bathroom and refills the "secret" spots where we store extra toilet paper. He's proud of himself, and I have some extra help. He will be used to helping when he becomes more productive. ~Julia

4 comments:

  1. Any thoughts for an 18 month old? :) We set my daughter up next to the cutlery drawer and the dishwasher when it's clean and tell her to put the spoons away - sometimes more dishes end up back in the dishwasher, but she's sure proud of herself! It probably makes more work for us, but it's good for them to feel helpful, right? I mention this on my blog at http://www.pinkbears.ca/index.php/item/131-its-never-too-early-to-start-with-chores

    ReplyDelete
  2. An 18 month old could also do a modified version of this bathroom chore. You could hand them the roll and help them put it on the holder. I have always been reluctant to involve my kids in the dishes. Mainly because of knives and the mess, but anything you can introduce your kids to (without too much strain on you) is a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! That is so cute! Especially the "secret spot" thing! Totally doing that...once I have children that is ;) Keep the tips coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Great ideas! Totally doing it...once I have chillin's that is :) And I absolutely love having pictures of real children doing the actual thing you are giving tips on! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete