Friday, June 29, 2012

Great Summer Go To Lunch - Uncrustables

By Tara Unsophisticook.com
I don't know how you feel about Uncrustables, but an occasional skipping of the crust seems like a fun idea. If you purchase Uncrustables from the store you can expect to pay $3.19 for four. Outrageous.

Making your own food and skipping prepared meals, more often than not is not only usually better for you, but cheaper, too. Tara developed a great tutorial for easy DIY Uncrustables.

What a fun summer activity that could also expose your children to once a month cooking!! I love doing things my kids can do. Now you'll be ready for the next last minute summer picnic.

The only thing I would add is you can use any cookie cutter. My daughter loves the Wilton Butterfly Cookie Cutter from JoAnn's. (You can almost always get that for 40% off making it around $2 bucks)

Thanks, Tara and Unsophisticook.com
P.S. If you have a small child, like I do, they love the cut up crust!! ~Julia


No comments:

Post a Comment