Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The "Unofficial" School Room

I, have seen so many super cute pictures on Pinterest of school rooms people have set up in their homes. I have to admit, it makes me a little jealous. We have a decent size home, but our rooms are all tied up at the moment being, well, other kinds of rooms. This spot here will make a great office or school room one day, but for the time being, it is a play room! Instead, I have "school" hiding all over my house.



I have a nice looking dry erase board in my kitchen, a basket of supplies on the kitchen counter, bookcases tucked behind furniture and many other little clues that learning goes on here, scattered throughout my home.


Growing up, we did school at the dinning room table, on the couch, in our rooms, on the swing set. Sure, if you've got the space and want to create a more structured area for schooling to take place, as Julia has done, then go for it!


On the other hand, don't feel pressured to make your home resemble a public school classroom. Do whatever works for you! ~Sarah

Be sure to visit iHomeschool Network's collection of school room ideas: Here  and check out Julia's "Official" School Room: Here

2 comments:

  1. You're so organized! We all have to do what works for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well disguised, and a good reminder that just because you home school, you don't need to be a school at home.

    ReplyDelete