Monday, April 23, 2012

Lose Five Pounds in a Month!!


So spring is here and summer is coming.  I want to lose 5 pounds.  I have done things like not eating anything for 11 days to fit into my wedding dress two years ago. Yes, I drank a maple syrup and lemon water mixture without eating anything. Do you know how many social gatherings are around food? I also really missed the physical act of chewing food.  And it was a surprise for my husband, so he thought I was plum crazy!   I lost the necessary 12 pounds, so I could actually button the dress and have pictures taken from the back.  After another baby, a continued battle with a foot injury, and a love for food I need to take action.  I can either wait until summer hits and be bummed I only have two pair of shorts that fit, or I can make some changes now. I seriously contemplated taking a before picture wearing the shorts I want to wear so I could take a picture with the dynamic results.  Not!! If you are a woman, you know what a muffin top is, and I don't have to embarrass myself and accentuate mine.




Here's my plan. First, I want to move (cardio) for 30 minutes at least three times per week. I have an elliptical and it tells me I burn about 330 calories for that length of time on the first level of resistance. Second, I plan to do an ab excersize at least twice a week. We have P90x, and I tried it for the first time yesterday. AbRipper is the name and boy does it live up to it's name!!  Third, I am going to think about what I put in my mouth. Meaning choose a snack like an apple over my typical Oreos dipped in peanut butter and dunked in milk. I have also used the Fat Flush Diet. Basically you eat real foods with a low glycemic index, meaning it doesn't spike your blood sugar. I am going to eat one meal a day that follows that principle. Do what is practical and what you can commit to.  Then don't let anything stand in your way. Are you with me?

~Julia



2 comments: