Sunday, August 25, 2013

Tooth Fairy Fun! {Free Pattern}

My oldest, Natalie, officially lost her first tooth! I have been preparing for this moment for quite some time, as most of the kids her age have already lost multiple teeth. Natalie has been longing (somewhat apprehensively) to join the toothless club. Find my free pattern for this adorable Tooth Fairy pillow: HERE


Check out my Pinterest board 
full of fun, tooth losing ideas: Tooth Fairy Fun

Find these adorable printables or easy to sew tooth pouch at Howdoesshe.com

For $25 you can purchase a set of these cute record keeping charts at chasingfireflies.com

Find some cute girl or boy version printables at thepolkadotposie.com


I have been listening to the discussion over the going rate for a tooth fairy visit. 5 to 10 dollars these days? Hmmm, well, I really didn't want to set the bar that high for the first one, so I figured if it was a sparkly dollar, it would be just as exciting!



Natalie had been told by a friend that if you wanted to keep your tooth, 
you have to write the Tooth Fairy a note!


The Tooth Fairy and Santa

Disclaimer: This is my own personal opinion and I in no way look down on anyone else that has chosen to go about things differently! Our stance on the Tooth Fairy is very similar to our belief in Santa. We enjoy the fun interaction and imaginative play that comes along with these memorable childhood traditions, but never do we lead our children on to believe these characters are real. In my opinion, outright lies and deception that play on a child's natural sense of wonder and belief, is wrong. When our kids ask if Santa or the Tooth Fairy are real, we will usually say "no, he's not real, but it's fun to pretend!" I think there is a small part of each of my kids that want to believe Santa is real, which I find adorable. But, I want my kids to trust that what I tell them is true and dependable, which includes what I tell them about Jesus and stories from the Bible. I want them to believe the Bible is true, that it is not just an other made up fairy tale that parents tell their kids when they are young.


Check out my Pinterest board 
full of fun, tooth losing ideas: Tooth Fairy Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment